St Louis School in Milan is a private international school which caters for 1,500 children from the ages of 2 to 18. The Early Years, Primary School and Middle School offer a curriculum based on the British National Curriculum. The Middle School ends with the Cambridge Checkpoint examinations in Year 9 leading into the IGCSE and IBDP examinations in the High School. The High School has an exceptional average IB score which has placed St Louis School as the highest scoring school in continental Europe for the last five years running (www.stlouisschool.com). The school is part of the prestigious INSPIRED school network (www.inspirededu.co.uk).
With the expansion and development of our Nursery and Early Years Classes, we are currently seeking to appoint experienced, creative and dynamic Early Years Educators who are qualified and experienced in working with children from 2 years old (Nursery) and in Foundation Stage 1 and 2; educators who will be able to adapt quickly to a new and exciting learning environment, colleagues with strong empathy skills and who are willing to use relational strategies in a stimulating learning environment with students from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Candidates should be interested in using a constructivist approach to learning; some knowledge and understanding of the Reggio Emilia Approach to Early Years Education would be beneficial, as well as a working knowledge of other curricula e.g. the EYFS and/or the IB PYP. A strong commitment to purposeful learning and teaching, collaborative planning and open communication is essential. We pride ourselves on the commitment offered by our friendly and professional staff. Applicants must be willing to be active, flexible participants in a hard-working team of teachers. Proven experience within an international, bilingual or multilingual context would also be useful.
The candidate must possess the following experience, skills and knowledge:
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education, or equivalent qualifications and experience for Educational Assistants
* Established experience in teaching the 2-6 age group - Not suitable for NQTs
* Be an English first language speaker / a completely fluent user of English
* A strong interest in a constructivist approach to learning
* To demonstrate ability in engaging with pupils and teaching staff alike maintaining a high standard of work at all times
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
* Be a citizen of the EU or already in possession of a valid visa and/or documents that enables you to work in Italy;
* Hold “Certified Teaching Status” or an equivalent qualifications/experience for Educational Assistants
Initial interviews will take place by Skype. Please note that the interview process may begin earlier than the closing date for applications.
Flight and baggage allowance and support for an apartment search are provided by the school.
Candidates should upload their letter of presentation, Curriculum Vitae and a recent photograph when submitting their application.
Due to difficulties in obtaining visas we can only accept applications from people who have a passport or citizenship, or a valid work permit, that enables work in Italy.
The Primary School follows a broad and balanced curriculum with the British National Curriculum as its core.
Most importantly, the whole school programme enriches the children's learning experiences and provides them, ...