HD Qingdao, the latest addition to the Hurtwood House China family of schools, is seeking to appoint an outstanding leader to be our Founding Head of Primary. This is a unique opportunity to lead a prestigious new bilingual school, in an inspiring environment, and with the collegiate support of the Hurtwood House family in China and the UK.
Opening in August 2018, HD Qingdao is located on a prestigious 70,000m2 site within the City’s new Wanda Oriental Movie Metropolis – a US$7billion development, transforming Qingdao into Shandong's new economic centre. Designed in the architectural style of a traditional British boarding school, HD Qingdao will grow to accommodate 2,000 students aged 3-18. In its first year of operation, the School will admit students aged 4 – 8. Like the other schools within the Hurtwood House China family (Beijing, Ningbo & Shanghai), HD Qingdao will deliver a unique dual immersion curriculum, blending the best of the Chinese National Curriculum with British education.
We want our Founding Head to be someone who:
- Can implement the School’s vision and aims with conviction and clarity
- Possesses the gravitas to act as a compelling ambassador to the School and Hurtwood House China network
- Can embed a school-wide commitment to high standards and success for all students
- Is experienced in successfully leading and managing staff towards a common goal
- Has successful curriculum leadership experience that illustrates a commitment to academic progress and the well-being of all pupils
- Has a proven track record of working successfully with a Governing Body/School Board
- Is engaging, possesses excellent communication skills and has strong emotional intelligence
- Is currently the Head or Deputy Head of a highly regarded school
How to Apply
In order to apply, please consider the details of the candidate information pack, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 17th December 2017
Preliminary discussions with candidates will take place during November and early December. First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and final round interviews arranged accordingly.
Hurtwood House China reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact Philippa Ibbs on +44 2077 887 937 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
HD Qingdao is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.