Do you have the right skill set and experience to lead a new Secondary Phase of an all through 3-18 school?
Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking an enthusiastic and adaptable quality classroom practioner and leader. Al Rabeeh Academy is due to open in August 2017 and is part of a growing network of schools. This will provide further career opportunities and enhanced professional development. Al Rabeeh Academy is affiliated to Al Rabeeh School, a large, well established Primary School in Abu Dhabi.
Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking an experienced Head of Secondary for an all through FS1 to Year 13 International Private School, with brand new state of the art facilities in Mohammed Bin Zayed City, Abu Dhabi. The position is available from January 2017 or as soon as the successful applicant is available in order to help prepare the school to open for an August 2017 start. The Academy will offer the National Curriculum for England, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies (taught by Arabic teachers).
The post holder who will be a member of SLT, will develop provision in the department and lead on all day-to-day operational decisions in respect of its organisation. The secondary phase will open up to Year 8 in the first year of operation and year groups will increase each year after.
To be considered for the post, you should already have senior leadership experience within a vibrant and diverse school and are ready to take on the next challenging stage of your career. The successful candidate will have the energy, charisma, personality and educational philosophy to drive standards across the phase and develop close and genuine relationships with students and parents. Candidates should have a genuine commitment to child initiated and active learning, putting children first and ensuring that they are challenged as individuals. In addition, exceptional communication and leadership skills to motivate colleagues and students alike will be expected. A willingness to play a full and active part in the extra-curricular life of the school is essential. Applicants must lead by example and play a full part in the School’s pastoral care. Successful applicants will need to be sympathetic with the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Schools, schools with a high population of Emitati/Arab students.
Applicants must be qualified to teach in UK schools and have relevant experience for this post. Candidates must have recent experience of the National Curriculum for England and have senior leadership experience as a Head, Deputy or Assistant Head. Fluent English speakers only.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of the English National Curriculum and current Assessment practices in the secondary phase
- Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in learning, teaching and leading education and believe that children have the potential to reach the highest of expectations when in the right environment
- Experience of current UK initiatives and developments would be advantageous
- Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
- Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
- Experience of using data systems for school improvement, student tracking, intervention, Target Setting, Assessment, Recording & Reporting
- Experience of founding headship (advantageous)
- Experience of senior leadership in a 3-18 school (advantageous)
- Experience of teaching, leadership and management in the Middle East (preferable)
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- High quality furnished accommodation, plus utilities
- Annual return air ticket / allowance
- Comprehensive medical insurance cover
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter which includes an outline of your curricular and leadership strengths and photograph to the Principal, Ms Alison Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the position you are applying in the subject area of your email response, along with your full name. Closing date for applications is December 31st 2016, but Skype and telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. Whilst we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Al Rabeeh Academy website is under construction www.alrabeeh.ac.ae. Please refer to Al Rabeeh Primary School’s website address for more information about our school establishment and team. Please visit our school website www.alrabeeh.sch.ae.