Founding Head of Secondary
Do you have the right skill set and experience to lead a new Secondary Phase of an all through 3-18 school?
Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking an enthusiastic and adaptable quality secondary school leader to start as soon as possible. Al Rabeeh Academy is due to open in September 2017 and is part of a growing network of schools. This will provide further career opportunities and enhanced professional development. Al Rabeeh Academy is affiliated to Al Rabeeh School, a large, well established Primary School in Abu Dhabi.
Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking an experienced Head of Secondary for an all through FS1 to Year 13 International Private School, with brand new state of the art facilities in Mohammed Bin Zayed City, Abu Dhabi. The position is available as soon as the successful applicant is available and will work closely with the Principal and Head of Primary who is already in position. The Academy will offer the National Curriculum for England, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies (taught by Arabic teachers). The post holder who will be a member of Senior Leadership Team, will develop provision in the department and lead on all day-to-day operational decisions in respect of its organisation. The secondary phase will open up to Year 8 in the first year of operation and year groups will increase each year after.
To be considered for the post, you should already have senior leadership experience within a vibrant and diverse school and are ready to take on the next challenging stage of your career. The successful candidate will have the energy, charisma, personality and educational philosophy to drive standards across the phase and develop close and genuine relationships with staff, students and parents. Candidates should have a genuine commitment to child initiated and active learning, putting children first and ensuring that they are challenged as individuals. In addition, exceptional communication and leadership skills to motivate colleagues and students alike will be expected. A willingness to play a full and active part in the extra-curricular life of the school is essential. Applicants must lead by example and play a full part in the School’s pastoral care. Successful applicants will need to be sympathetic with the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Schools, schools with a high population of Emitati/Arab students.
In order to gain ADEC approval applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Education or other relevant field with a teaching qualification. and have at least 10 years experience of teaching in a secondary department, with at least 3 of them in a senior leadership role as a Head, Deputy or Assistant Head. Candidates must also have recent experience either in a UK school, or of teaching the English National Curriculum and it is essential you are a fluent English speaker.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of the English National Curriculum and current Assessment practices in the secondary phase
- Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in learning, teaching and leading education and believe that children have the potential to reach the highest of expectations when in the right environment
- Experience of current UK initiatives and developments would be advantageous
- Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
- Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
- Experience of using data systems for school improvement, student tracking, intervention, Target Setting, Assessment, Recording & Reporting
- Experience of founding headship (advantageous)
- Experience of senior leadership in a 3-18 school (advantageous)
- Experience of teaching, leadership and management in the Middle East (preferable)
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- High quality furnished accommodation, plus utilities
- Annual return air ticket / allowance
- Comprehensive medical insurance cover
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter which includes an outline of your curricular and leadership strengths and photograph to the Principal, Ms Alison Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please add "Head of Secondary" in the subject area of your email response, along with your full name. Closing date for applications is Friday September 29th, but Skype and telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. Previous applicants need not reapply and shall be contacted if shortlisted. Whilst we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Al Rabeeh Academy website has recently been launched www.alrabeehac.ae. For additional information about our school establishment and team. Please visit Al Rabeeh School website www.alrabeeh.sch.ae.