Amity International School Amsterdam seeks to appoint an outstanding UK qualified Founding Principal for an immediate start.
Who are Amity? Established more than 25 years ago, Amity Education Group has an enrolment of 150,000 students, 4500 faculty, 17 top-ranked schools and pre-schools, 5 universities with campuses in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, India, London, Singapore, Mauritius, China and Romania, offering globally benchmarked education from nursery to Ph.D. level.
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader with a thorough knowledge of the new UK National Curriculum. Our Founding Principal will need to have a minimum of 10 years’ leadership experience and hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education.
In fulfilling the requirements of the post, the successful candidate will demonstrate essential professional competencies:
• Demonstrable leadership experience with a proven track record in a primary and secondary setting
• At least 10 years in a leadership role in a state or independent school setting
• Proven success at driving schools forward to improve standards of teaching and learning
• A strong sense of equality for all, leading by example, being accessible and approachable
• The capacity to set the school strategy but then the confidence to let the teams deliver the goals
• The judgement to make difficult decisions when required
• Experience of founding a school or managing an expansion would be a key advantage
Amity International School Amsterdam will provide an exemplary education tailored to the needs of each student using the IPC/IB curriculum. The curriculum is enhanced by an international focus, a wide range of co-curricular activities, field trips and project-based learning. Amity International School Amsterdam students will experience the joy of learning in a vibrant and engaging environment.
Our state-of-the-art facilities shall provide a stimulating learning and social environment for our students. Our facilities include spacious classrooms flooded with natural light, a library, ICT suite, music and art rooms, cafeteria and a large multi-purpose indoor space. The stunning interior creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere so that our staff and students can learn in a world class educational environment.
In return for your passion in delivering a quality education, we offer you a competitive salary.
Applications should contain a 2-page CV including a professional photo, a letter of application, passport copy, scanned degree certificate and the details of two professional referees.
Please send completed applications to email@example.com
Interviews will take place in April / May.