Modern Foreign Languages - Teacher of French and Spanish
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding Languages teacher to join our Modern Foreign Languages department. The department is a very experienced and successful one. Languages play an essential role within Kings’ and it is a highly respected faculty within the community, and the successful applicant will be expected to teach French and Spanish from Year 7 to 13.
The department has quickly established a reputation for academic excellence, providing stimulating and successful lessons in a highly engaging environment. The successful candidate will join and be supported by a successful and highly creative faculty with very exacting standards.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with a Language as the sole or significant focus
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience of teaching GCSE and A-Level
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- Experience (or a willingness) of organising and leading overseas educational visits will also be desirable
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form.
Closing date: 21 April 2018
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2018 and will be invited to participate in a thorough programme of induction.