We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated French language teacher to join our school community teaching Years 3 - 6 specialising in French language.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong teaching practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum particularly in the area of LOTE (French),
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form. The days for teaching French will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
St Elizabeths Primary School, Tarragindi, is located about 9 kilometres south from Brisbane’s CBD. It has an approximate enrolment of 360 primary students. The school is well resourced, particularly in the area of technology, and there is a great community spirit. The students are challenged in their learning through our IREACH learning dispositions (I-Independent, R-Resilient, E- Enquire, A-Achieve, C- Collaborate, H - I am Hopeful & Positive) and parents are interested in and supportive of their children's education. Our community spirit is regarded as one of our richest blessings and recognised as one of our greatest strengths. It provides the inspiration to work together to achieve our school mission.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 6.5 hours per week - days negotiable
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Peter Griffin
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3848 0828
Contact Email: Peter.Griffin@bne.catholic.edu.au
Closing Date: 20-Jan-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education