OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefitting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning and extensive use of learning technologies.
We have a fantastic opportunity at our Swaffham Campus for an experienced and interactive French Teacher to join the team on a full time, permanent basis and to teach our students in KS3-5. You will be adept at coaching our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education and pay meticulous attention to detail.
• Have Qualified Teacher Status and a degree or a similar Modern Foreign Languages related qualification
• Possess recent experience of teaching French to students in Key Stages 3-5
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum for GCSE & A-Level French including exam specifications.
• Possess a good understanding of SEND procedures
• Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom for both theory and practical sessions, as well as in our modern learning centre
• Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
• Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
• Supportive staff, and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary (including a staff laptop) and Teachers Pension Contributions
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
• To ensure high quality teaching of Key Stage 3-5 French, enabling excellent rates of progress for all students
• To embed a culture of safeguarding within the classroom and wider school environment,
• To plan, implement and monitor schemes of work, lesson plans and student Self-Directed Learning assignments for your subject.
• To ensure the Self-Directed Learning philosophy of the school is present in the opportunities for students
• To develop and fully utilise assignments and tasks on the school virtual learning environment (Canvas) including homework, quizzes and discussion forums
• Use a wide range of resources and extracurricular activities to provide students with a broad range of activities and experiences in keeping with the School’s guidelines
• To set targets, based on prior attainment and undertake effective, informative marking and feedback which will extend and develop all students
• To keep appropriate records of progress and attainment of students for use in planning and for reporting accordingly to parents
• To plan effectively to meet the needs of pupil’s progress in line with the National Framework profile and to report to parents
• To use teaching strategies that keeps pupils engaged through effective questioning, lively presentation and good use of resources
• To create a safe and stimulating learning environment that supports learning and in which pupils feel secure and confident
• To set high expectations for pupil behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline based on mutual respect and personal responsibility. To deal with inappropriate behaviour in the context of the school Mission Statement, Positive Behaviour Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy
• To have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which you work
For further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about OneSchool Global UK please visit: http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing Date for application forms: Midday on Monday 6th December 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: WC. 13th December 2021
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Swaffham Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The drive to create learners who are self-directed is advanced at OneSchool Swaffham Campus with students having access to state of the art learning centres in both senior and primary areas and a sixth form business centre. In these areas students sh...