French Teacher (P/T available)
Salary: MPS/UPS (£23,720-£39,406)
Contract: Full or part time (permanent)
Required for: January 2020
Are you a talented and dynamic Linguist looking for the next challenge? We are looking for a French teacher to join our vibrant languages team on either a full or a part time basis. We value the development of our teachers and invest heavily in professional development for teachers at all stages in their career.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- thriving annual exchange programmes and international trips;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Languages Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘A Letter from the Head of Languages’
We would like you to be:
- able to teach French up to GCSE level, with experience of A Level and advantage;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
- Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Mr C Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com ).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 18 November and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Wednesday 20 November.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.