Permanent, Full time (52 weeks)
Hours per week: 40
The Front of House Security Officer (FOHSO) at King Alfred School covers a wide range of tasks including crossing children between the two sites, implementing and acting on emergency and safety procedures, car park management, and supporting front-of-house services for the School. In addition, the job-holder would offer some administrative support to the Compliance and Lettings Officer.
The FOHSO will often be the first point of contact for the School and therefore it is critical that they are always professional, diplomatic, and assertive.
In addition to the above, there is a comprehensive range of responsibilities which can be found in the job description.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- Experience of working in a front-facing security role, with experience of dealing with difficult people, trespassers, the press and other media, preferably within a School environment.
- Experience of building good working relationships with members of staff and contractors.
- Personable and welcoming whilst also being authoritative when required.
- A flexible approach to work and a willingness to work as part of a team.
- Good oral communication skills, including the ability to receive, record and transmit messages accurately and quickly.
- Ability to work on own initiative and without direct supervision.
- An understanding of health and safety issues appropriate to the responsibilities of the post. A first aid qualification would be desirable but training can be provided.
Please see the attached job description for a detailed description of the duties involved in this role as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working, and forward-looking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please go to our website to complete our online Application Form by clicking on the Apply button.
Application deadline: Midday, Monday 6th December 2021.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Service website or at Unlock.
King Alfred School is a small, friendly, independent, co-educational child-centred school. We accept pupils from age 4 to 18; the school is strictly non-denominational embracing a wide ability range. Classes are unusually small and pastoral care is v...