Front of House / Street Sweeper
REPORTS TO: Gardens Supervisor / Deputy Gardens Supervisor
Responsible for the clearing, sweeping and maintenance of areas around Eton College to an exceptionally high standard and contribute to the delivery of front of house plans and programmes of work under the control of a Supervisor.
- Ensure the public areas are clean and tidy by sweeping [both hand and mechanical], litter picking, emptying bins, weeding and collecting leaves around allocated areas of Eton College
- To clear rubbish from around the site and deposit in secure waste management area, observing the segregation of waste for recycling purposes
- Carry out specific projects as directed
- The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used.
- A full clean driving licence is essential for the use of a mechanical road sweeper that is provided for use on specified areas, full training will be given.
- To adhere to current Health and Safety legislation and best practice in accordance with the Colleges Health and Safety Policy Statement.
- To ensure own safety, and the safety of others who may be affected by your actions. Employees must follow instructions and co-operate at all times with their line manager to enable Eton College to meet its legal responsibilities. Employees must stop work if the nature of the situation involves risk of serious injury to any person and must report any hazardous situation or defective equipment to their line manager without delay
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post
Relevant qualifications and experience to do the job competently:
- Full driving licence.
- Previous use of mechanical sweeper.
Terms and Conditions Start date: as soon as possible subject to satisfactory recruitment checks.
Salary: £19,703 per annum working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Holiday: 21 days’ paid holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays and non-contractual days between Christmas and New Year’s Day to bridge the gap between the two. When a Bank Holiday falls during a School term you may be required to work on that day and you will be entitled to an additional day’s paid holiday in lieu.
An application form can be completed and submitted via the website http://www.etoncollege.com/SupportStaffVacancies.aspx
The closing date for this position is noon on 18 September 2018. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
If you are unable to complete an electronic application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please email email@example.com or contact Keely Barber, Human Resources Department on 01753 370559.
All appointments with the College will be subject to two references, a medical report and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, all of which must be satisfactory to the College. In addition the College is required to contact any former employers in whose employment the applicant has worked or volunteered with children.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 all employees are required to take reasonable precautions to safeguard the health and safety of themselves, contractors, boys and visitors who may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst at work.
Employees who wish to be enrolled into the College’s Group Personal Pension Plan can choose either to contribute 4.9% of their salary and the College will contribute 11% or to join the auto-enrolment category where they will currently pay 1% and the College pays 1%. These auto-enrolment amounts will increase gradually over the next few years in line with Government requirements.
- Death in service benefits
This is currently 4 x basic salary.
- Sports and Leisure Facilities
Employees at the College enjoy free use of the College Gym, swimming pool and tennis courts with subsidised use of other sport facilities, together with free use of the School Library, and free entry to College theatre and concert productions.
The College’s Childcare Voucher Scheme is supplied by Edenred. More details are available from the HR Department.
- Employee Assistance Programme
All employees have access to counselling services provided by Health Assured. More information is available from the HR Department.
The College is registered with Give as You Earn. This payroll deduction scheme enables employees to make regular deductions directly from their salary in support of their chosen charity or good cause.