Full-Time Maths, Mandarin & Music Tutor for Canadian family in based in Dubai, UAE
We are looking for a positive, optimistic, caring and down-to-earth Tutor to provide educational support for a 10- and 12-year-old.
The overarching goal for the Tutor is to ensure the children have a solid grounding in their curriculum-based learning, as well as offering opportunity to challenge them beyond this, developing other areas of interest and teaching practical life skills. This will include support with homework and projects, as well as one-on-one tutoring after school and weekends.
The role will include pastoral care including school runs, preparing snacks and accompanying the children to their extra-curricular activities. During this time, there is often the opportunity for out-of-the-box tutoring sessions for one child outside the classroom, whilst the other is participating in an activity.
The Tutor will be responsible for research of supplementary subject tutors as needed and the associated coordination, timetabling and supervision of sessions.
Expectations are that the Tutor will clearly track the children’s progress, areas for improvement and provide regular written updates to the parents.
Candidates suited to our family will have:
- Fluent English and Mandarin.
- An excellent academic record with at least a high 2:1 from a well-renowned university.
- At least 3-4 years demonstrable tutoring or teaching experience (preferably in an international role, but not essential).
- A high level of competence in teaching Maths, Mandarin & Music (UK curriculum) and ideally experience in the IB Diploma.
- A high level of organisation, who naturally works in a methodical and transparent manner. Thinking one step ahead, effective planning, detailed reporting and keeping parents in the loop comes naturally.
- Enthusiastic with a passion for teaching and finding fun, creative ways for students to learn.
- Enjoyment of arts & crafts would be advantageous.
- An interest in parenting techniques.
- A full, clean driving licence, an excellent driver with at least 4 years recent driving experience.
We offer candidates:
- A full-time working week with two days off per week.
- A spacious classroom environment for tutoring and planning, with the resources to work in a creative manner, going beyond the confines of a curriculum and standard teaching tools.
- The opportunity for you to excel in your field.
- A flexible timetable (in accordance with the children’s schedule).
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- A minimum of one year contract starting September 2017, with the likelihood of extension by mutual agreement, potentially throughout the children’s schooling.
Please send a full CV and covering letter with details of all relevant experience and any similar placements you have held by 30 July