F O R E S T H I L L S C H O O L
A SPECIALIST SCHOOL IN PERFORMING ARTS
Dacres Road Forest Hill London SE23 2XN
Roll 1286: Boys 11-16, Mixed 16-19
Tel: 020 8699 9343
Full Time - Maths teacher (NQT or MPS/UPS)
Start: asap or April or 2020
Salary range: MPS - UPS £30,480 to £49,571 per annum (inner London)
We are an innovative Mathematics department with a strong, committed team and excellent teaching resources. Mathematics encompasses all aspects of everyday life and so we focus on real world problems, as well as preparing our students for higher education by focusing on the more abstract nature of the subject and developing their independent thinking and learning skills. We consistently achieved higher than national average amount of 7+ and 9+ grades at GCSE and have very strong results at A-Level in both Maths and Further Maths, as well as offering other related subjects such as Finance and Economics.
Forest Hill is a popular 11-19 school which exists to serve the local community through innovative teaching and a broad and comprehensive curriculum offer including a strong focus on the Performing Arts. Our joint Sixth Form SFH6 consistently achieves higher than national grades and has been judged to be good by Ofsted (Dec 2017). The leadership of the school has resulted in the school being “well-placed to move forward” (Ofsted Dec 2017) and we are committed to improving the educational outcomes of young people. We are a community school where “Pupils are cared for well” and “are helped to overcome social and personal challenges.” (Ofsted Dec 2017)
Our ideal candidate is;
• An innovative and enthusiastic Maths teacher with a range of teaching experiences and qualified to teach up to Post 16
• An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies and excellent relationships with young people
• Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their own area
We will offer;
• The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys
• A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
• Modern, state of the art facilities, including the technology and resources to support excellent teaching of all the subjects in the Faculty
Please visit our website at www.foresthillschool.co.uk to make direct on-line applications, which must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org Note - we do not accept CVs and all applications must be submitted on the Lewisham Teachers Application Form which is available on the School Website.
Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged directly with the Head’s PA (email@example.com)
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Wednesday 22nd January 2020 with interviews scheduled during the week commencing 27th January 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that the interview process will include lesson observations in both subjects.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Forest Hill School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.