Post available on Teachers Main and Upper Pay Scales (Outer London).
Full-time, required to cover parental leave from January-April.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or those considering entering the profession through routes such as Teacher Apprenticeships, and we will consider applicants with the right skill set but without a formal teaching qualification.
This is your opportunity to teach some of the most committed and able secondary school students in the country as part of a highly skilled and cohesive team of teachers and support staff.
The key focuses of this role within the Department will be to:
• Teach drama at KS3 and GCSE;
• Support the co-curricular programme of the department;
• Support theatre trips in preparation for live theatre evaluation;
• Teach wellbeing classes at KS3.
Wallington County Grammar School is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our motto is Per Ardua ad Summa, Through Difficulties to the Heights, which our exceptional students exemplify each and every day. Their success and that of our staff has been recognised by Ofsted, grading the school ‘outstanding’ in all areas, and more recently by the Secretary of State for Education who presented the school with the 2019 Evening Standard Award for School Achievement. This success is born from a strong set of values centred around compassion for one another, commitment to all we do, courage in facing life’s many challenges and creativity to succeed in a global 21st century society.
We are a highly selective school, admitting 150 young men from across London and the South East into Year 7 and admitting young women into the Sixth Form. We have a well-balanced, academic curriculum centred around developing scholarship and creativity which, when combined with innovative and forward thinking pedagogy, makes Wallington County Grammar School, an extremely stimulating environment in which to work.
Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
• working with able and committed young men and women;
• the ability to teach your subject to the highest possible levels in secondary education, preparing students for undergraduate study at the best universities in the world;
• opportunities for rapid promotion both within the school and the wider Folio Trust;
• access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status) that includes nine INSET days a year and a commitment to subject specific professional learning;
• a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park with outer London pay and easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
• a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprenticeship and Schools Direct routes;
• a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the Borough’s English and Science School Centred Teacher Training;
• amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym;
• a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
An application pack may be downloaded from the School website at https://www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk/career-opportunities/part-time-teacher-of-drama. Please note an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than the closing date. Candidates may be called for interview upon receipt of their application. A Statement of Suitability addressed to the Headmaster is required as part of the application.
Visits to the School are welcome prior to application. Please contact the WCGS HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
Closing Date: 9am, Friday 24th September
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 27th September
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date should there be a suitable candidate and therefore advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre- employments checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.
Wallington County Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years