Gad's Hill School is an Independent School for pupils aged 3 to 16, with an average class size of 14 pupils.
Required from the Autumn Term (Tuesday 31 August 2021).
Full-Time Teacher of Science
Gad’s Hill School requires a talented and passionate teacher of Science to join our team. Full details of responsibilities can be found within the job description but, in summary, the successful candidate will provide effective teaching, as part of an efficient and collaborative team, so that pupils learn and make good progress in Science.
Combined Science Trilogy (Double award) is currently compulsory at GCSE and we are looking to implement Triple Science from September 2021. Science in the Senior School is currently taught by two specialist teachers. Both are capable of teaching any aspect of the subject though we endeavour to deliver the subject as physics, chemistry and biology and to the strengths of the individual teacher. The school currently uses the AQA exam board. In 2019 the department achieved a 93% GCSE pass rate.
Gad’s Hill School requires a full-time teacher of Science to provide teaching to senior science classes. Candidates should have the ability to teach all three sciences at Key Stage Three and GCSE level.
Completed application forms are to be received by email only to the Headmaster, Mr Paul Savage, via his PA, Mrs Tracy Barker: email@example.com.
Completed applications must be received by the School no later than 10am on Friday 14th May 2021. Please note that if you do not receive an acknowledgement of your emailed application by this time please contact the School as a matter of urgency as you should assume your application has not been received.
Interviews will be held at the School in the week commencing 17th May and it is hoped that the selected candidate will be able to commence employment from the start of the Autumn Term 2021 (Tuesday 31st August).
Gad’s Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service checks (DBS) and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK, in the last 5 years.
- An excellent teacher with very good relationships with students.
- Committed to the highest expectations of students and their learning.
- High personal standards of meeting expectations, organisation, paperwork, etc.
- An excellent and effective communicator.
- Able to use data appropriately to monitor and inform planning.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing CPD.
- Able to work with colleagues in the Curriculum Group to develop collaborative solutions.
- Ability to teach Biology, Chemistry and Physics at Key Stage Three and GCSE level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or in a relevant subject.
- Professional teaching qualification desirable.
Gad's Hill School
Higham, near Rochester and Gravesend, Kent
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 16 years