Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a Full-Time Team Teach Trained Teaching Assistant to join our supply teaching team and to work in a Special Educational Needs (SEN) school in Peterborough. This position is a full-time supply position due to begin from September 2018 and continue at least until December 2018.
The successful Team Teach Trained Teaching Assistant will need to have an excellent understanding of de-escalation strategies and positive handling techniques. You will need to have a valid, up to date Team Teach qualification and be comfortable in using such techniques and strategies. The desired Team Teach Trained Teaching Assistant will be actively involved in supporting children across the Primary, Secondary and Post-16 phrase and assisting them with their learning and development. In addition, you will be actively involved in building up a rapport with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and providing excellent individualised support.
To be considered for the position as Team Teach Trained Teaching Assistant, you must:
· Have a valid and up-to-date Team Teach qualification, completed in the last 3 years.
· Be effective with managing behaviour and confident in using behaviour management techniques.
· Have experience of supporting children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Autism (ASD/ASC), Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD), Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties and Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties.
· Have a passion for supporting children and young people with complex needs.
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners.
We will also consider applications from candidates from a Support Worker or Career background; specialising within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and challenging behaviour.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as Team Teach trained Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as a Teaching Assistant. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you are a Team Teach Trained Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
Apply today or for more information on this role and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk