GCSE English Teacher
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Sunday 9th December 2018
Interview Date: Monday 17th December 2018
Accrington and Rossendale College are looking for a talented and student focused GCSE English Teacher to join their enthusiastic team on a full-time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week from January 2019.
Accrington and Rossendale College is an award winning provider of Further Education, Higher Education & Work Based Training; we offer quality education and training to the people of Hyndburn, Rossendale & beyond. We currently offer Vocational and Apprenticeship programmes, at different levels, in 11 subject areas including Hospitality and Catering, Motor Vehicle Engineering and Construction and Building Trades. Part of Nelson and Colne College (Ofsted Outstanding), Accrington and Rossendale College offer a fantastic benefits package including a generous occupational pension scheme and access to continued professional development.
The successful candidate will be teaching GCSE English as well as delivering enrichment and enhancement activities. You will be required to keep up to date, plan and prepare high quality teaching as required by the Head of Division whilst ensuring close liaison and good communications with other staff in matters concerning students.
Main duties include:
· Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
· Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
· Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
· Act as a Personal Tutor, if required
· Value and support students to achieve their full potential
· Effectively manage the behaviour of students
· Engage in curriculum development and planning activities, individually and as a team
The ideal candidate will have:
· Degree in a relevant subject area
· Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
· A recognised IT qualification at level 1 or a willingness to achieve a recognised IT qualification at level 1 within 2 years of commencing the role (desirable)
· A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
· Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (GCSE English)
· Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully and recent experience of successfully delivering GCSE English
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.