Pay Range: Local Government Scale 3, Point 4
Actual Salary from £16,158
Start Date: 12th April 2021
We are seeking an outstanding individual with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, a positive attitude and plenty of enthusiasm, who can work under pressure and use their own initiative.
Computer competency and a good telephone manner are essential. The role will include specific responsibility for admission processes and HR functions and experience in either field would be desirable but is not essential as training will be given on the job.
This post is 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus 1 week Non-pupil days)
We're looking for you if you have:
- Experience of administrative work in a busy office environment
- Good literacy skills and numeracy skills
- Good working knowledge of office equipment, including photocopier and telephones
- Good time management, organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work under pressure to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Initiative and ability to work without direct supervision, taking responsibility for tasks, prioritising and scheduling your own work
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing general administrative and HR/Admissions support, ensuring an efficient and effective school-based administrative service to all stakeholders
- Supporting with the administration of pupil related information, data collection and filing, ensuring that statutory requirements are adhered to
- Providing HR administrative support to facilitate the smooth transfer of data between the school and the Trust’s central teams
- Undertaking administrative duties and support, as required, relating to and arising from the recruitment of staff
- Supporting the Trust’s HR team and School HR Link with the facilitation of on-site interviews
- Providing secretarial, personnel, administration and clerical duties
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification)
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
- A competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk.
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 513. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 9th March 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School:
Paxman Academy opened in September 2019 and admitted 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
Paxman Academy is a newly built, co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy, which opened its doors in September 2019. In its first two years of opening, the Academy has been a popular choice and is heavily oversubscribed.
The Academy enjoys s...