St Mary's Catholic College - Casino
Position: General Assistant – EARTH Centre
Immediate start until the end of the 2019 school year.
Enterprise Agreement: NSW & ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2019
Classification: School Operational Services - Level 2 $50,553pa (unaveraged annual rate of pay)
St Mary's EARTH Centre is a state of the art Agricultural and Environmental Science facility and Automotive Trade Training Centre which caters for students from Years 7-12. The EARTH Centre is spread over 90 acres of farmland in a beautiful rural setting, five minutes drive from the Centre of the Casino township.
Applicants with suitable qualifications are invited to apply for the following position.
Duties of this role will include:
- Assist Agriculture Teachers with practical lessons by setting up and packing up lessons
- Operating machinery
- Handling animals (beef cattle, goats and poultry)
- Preparing plots for experimental work
- Maintaining and repair of tools and equipment
- Maintaining the chemical register and Safety Data Sheets
- Assist the School’s Grounds Manager when required
- Other general tasks such as cleaning of College buses and vehicle and tasks requested by the Principal
- Assisting the Agriculture teacher at local shows
- Previous relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle animals, operate farm machinery and carry out general farm hand duties
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of chemical registers and work place health and safety
- Good communication skills and the ability to develop respectful working relationships
- Respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church and by conduct and lifestyle, ability to give witness to the church’s mission
- A relevant qualification such as Certificate III in Agriculture or equivalent
- LR license or eligibility and willingness to obtain
- An immediate start would be desirable but not essential
Ideally all applicants will be able and willing to participate fully in the religious dimension of the College.
Remuneration will start at General Assistant Level 2 depending on level of qualifications.
Applications with a Cover Letter, Resume and contact details for three referees should be forwarded to Mrs
Tracy Robinson, Principal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 24 May, 2019.
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
A copy of the full position description is attached.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/