General Kitchen Assistant
Closing Date: 10 a.m. on Monday 15th July 2019
Salary: £11.10 per hour
Contract type: 20 – 40 hours per week (pro-rata), Term Time only
(Flexible between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. - 40 weeks a year. There is also an expectation that shifts should be altered to oversee service in the evenings and weekends for occasional school events.)
Contract term: Permanent / September 2019
Heartlands High School is a new mixed comprehensive 11-16 school that opened in September 2010. Popular and oversubscribed within the local community the school will take 1080 students. Our recent Ofsted described the school as a “Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress.’’ (Ofsted 2016)
We are looking to appoint personable, friendly and confident individual to join our friendly in-house catering team. As a kitchen Assistant, you would be expected to carry out food preparation as well as cleaning the kitchen. You would follow strict food hygiene and school’s health and safety policy.
The successful candidate will also have:
• A good standard of general education
• To be able to communicate.
• Previous experience of working within a school /commercial catering environment and have a good level of cooking and food preparation.
• To assist in the serving and clearing down of all food, beverages and associated utensils as required.
• To co-operate with all catering staff and undertake such duties in the kitchen/service areas as requested to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered at all times.
• To undertake supervised food preparation tasks as required.
For further information please contact our HR department at HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk. Application packs can be downloaded from the school website: www.heartlands.haringey.sch.uk
Closing date 10 a.m. on Monday 15th July 2019. Interviews will be held in the same week.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.