Langley Hall Primary Academy is looking for an enthusiastic professional Learning Support Assistant for KS1. This is a full time (0815-1615) term time only role. An interest in music would also be beneficial. Candidates should have, as a minimum, Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, and ideally working towards Level 3 or keen to do so.
Role & Responsibilities
1) To assist in the educational and social development of children under the direction and guidance of the Executive Head, SENCO, Year Group Coordinator and Class Teachers.
2) To ensure the safety of all children, young people and vulnerable adults within the school. To complete the annual Safeguarding training and understand and comply with all Safeguarding policies and practices.
3) To immediately report any safeguarding concerns using CPOMS (online safeguarding platform).
4) To be vigilant in reporting all matters relating to health and safety and to take responsibility for your own personal health and safety.
5) To assist with the implementation of personal targets and record keeping and help monitor progress over time.
6) To provide effective support for whole class, individual or groups of children inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities; including scribing during lesson inputs.
7) To work with external professionals, such as speech therapists and occupational therapists, as necessary; delivering programs as required.
8) To deliver interventions for individuals or small groups at the direction of the Class Teacher, SENDCo or Head of School.
9) To assist Class Teachers with maintaining ongoing assessment records and providing regular feedback.
10) To support children with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
11) To prepare and present displays of children’s work which celebrate learning and reflect school expectations.
12) To support Class Teachers with admin tasks in order to prepare resources and the environment for engaging teaching and learning.
13) To support the vision and ethos of the school as set out in the toolkit system.
14) To set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
15) To attend relevant team and staff twilight meetings on request.
16) To consistently follow our Behaviour Policy and provide children with a strong focus on positive reinforcements and praise; applying sanctions and rewards for choices made and following our Golden Code at all times.
17) To assist with playtime duties by encouraging safe interactive play; including being mindful of health and safety in relation to Special Educational Needs and/or vulnerable children.
18) To access the school intranet on a daily basis, keeping up to date with policy and procedure changes and reading school news.
19) To have high expectations and be a good role model for children and colleagues at all times.
20) To work as part of the team; have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school in which they teach, and maintain high standards in their own attendance and punctuality.
21) To publicly demonstrate consistently positive attitudes, values and behaviour in relation to all aspects of school life; with children, colleagues, parents and in the wider school community.
22) To adhere to the schools’ Social Media, GDPR and E- Safety Policies; being mindful of the importance of portraying the school in a positive light and retaining your own and the schools’ confidentiality at all times.
23) To undertake any other duties as directed by the Head of School/SLT or Year Group Co-ordinator.
Please apply ASAP to be considered as applicants will be considered on merit as they are received.
Langley Hall Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
Langley Hall Primary Academy opened in September 2011 under the government’s free school initiative. The teaching of numeracy and literacy are a key priority and is combined with a major focus on the teaching of the Creative Arts. Our school motto ‘A...