General Supply Teacher
Key stage 3 and Key stage 4
£60 -£80 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are at least 20 days experience working with secondary aged pupils within the last 2 years. This experience does not need to be in a school setting.
ABC teachers are recruiting for General Supply Teachers to work within Secondary Schools in Sutton Coldfield.
General Supply Teachers are fundamental in Secondary Schools. The role involves delivering pre-set work and managing a class of 20-30 students in the absence of the teacher. You will not be expected to mark, plan, or assess.
You will need to be flexible, have a desire to work with young people and a calm and authoritative manner. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has experience in coaching or is considering a career in teaching.
ABC Teachers work with a range of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ schools in Sutton Coldfield and the surrounding areas who frequently require excellent General Supply Teachers due to the adaptability they hold.
If you have experience working with children and would like to be considered for the General Supply Teacher position, you will:
• At least 20 days experience working with secondary aged pupils in a school setting within the last 2 years.
• Access to references to cover the last 2 years of both Education and Employment.
• A passion for working with Children.
• Flexible and adaptable, open to working in a range of different schools in Sutton Coldfield and the surrounding areas.
• Ability to drive is desirable but not essential for this position.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an General Supply Teacher, and you are interested in a more flexible opportunity, and meet the requirements for this position who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact Matt Boliver from our Secondary team on 01543 410500. Alternatively, send your details and your CV to email@example.com to register your interest.
ABC Teachers Limited