General Teaching Assistant Required
Dates: Apply by 18th January 2019, Job start as soon as possible
Salary: Band 4, Scp 10
Location: North Yorkshire
Contract type: Part-Time Variable Hours, initially 5 hpw (days by negotiation)
Contract term: Fixed-term until the end of July 2019, with a view to this then becoming established
The Governing Body of this vibrant, exciting and ambitious National Teaching School is seeking to appoint a part-time teaching assistant to join our fantastic team. This will be to support learning in upper KS1 or lower KS2. It is expected that this part-time contract will initially last until the end of the academic year, and that this will then become established. There is some flexibility in working hours, and these can be negotiated for the right candidate. We maintain a welcoming, inclusive ethos and want someone who will join our strong staff team. We are committed to professional development and the teaching school alliance has structures in place to support career progression.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Empathy towards young children and an understanding of how children learn;
• Resilience and a positive attitude towards supporting vulnerable children;
• Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills;
• Commitment and enthusiasm for our school vision and ethos.
Monk Fryston School will offer:
• Fabulous children who are keen to come to school and learn;
• A warm, committed and dynamic staff team;
• A strong partnership with parents and the wider school community;
• A commitment to continuous professional development.
Application forms can be obtained from Mrs K McLachlan in the school office: email@example.com or 01977 682388
Closing date: Friday 18th January at noon.
Job start: As soon as possible, but no later than 2nd March 2019.