Due to our increasing popularity and expanding roll, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, effective, innovative and highly motivated Geography Teacher to join our growing team of staff from September 2017. We are an Academy with Outstanding Leadership and Management at all levels. (Ofsted 2010 & Ofsted 2013 – overall effectiveness “Outstanding”)
The successful candidate must have:
- The ability to teach Geography up to at least KS4,
- The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a small dynamic team and
- A passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people.
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and Governors,
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff,
- A ‘Talent Management’ strategy that ensures teachers at all stages of their career have access to a range of leadership development programmes and
- Facilitation of a range of accredited courses such as NPQML, NPQSL, NPSML along with our RSA Leadership Development Programme.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
To find out more about Whitley Academy, please visit our website. Please view our prospectus by clicking here or to find more details about the RSA Family of Academies, please visit the RSA Academies website.
We would welcome applications from existing Geography teachers, or NQTs. Completed applications should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Informal visits are also welcomed.
Completed applications should be returned via email to email@example.com by 12 noon on Friday 24th March 2017.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Only fully completed application forms will be accepted. CVs not accompanied with a completed application form will not be considered.
Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.