Smart Teachers is currently recruiting for a Geography Teacher with additional responsibility for a “Good” school in Waltham Abbey, Essex. The school requires an inspiring Geography Teacher with additional responsibility of to take over a KS3 and KS4 timetable from Easter 2018. This ideally will be a permanent contract, with MPS plus TLR available for the successful candidate. The smaller than average sized co-ed school that caters for pupils aged 11 – 16.
About the Role
· Geography Teacher with additional responsibility
· Full time
· Easter 2018 start
· Salary between £30,000-£42,000 + TLR (dependent on experience)
· KS3/ KS4 timetable
· Second in charge of the department, leadership and middle management responsibility to be included
About the School
· Ofsted rated “good”
· Supportive school with supportive leadership
· Behaviour is good
· Offers a comprehensive induction programme for all staff
· Ongoing extensive professional development for any staff
· Located just outside of North London
· Under an hour from Liverpool street station – East London
· Allocated onsite parking space
· Access to onsite gym
· Child care voucher scheme available
In order to be considered for this role, the Geography Teacher with additional responsibility will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Have a passion for teaching English
· Ideally already have experience as a KS4 Coordinator of English
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN24762B.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.