Smart Teachers is recruiting for a geography teacher to teach at an all-girls’ secondary school in south-east London. Rated ‘good’ by Ofsted in 2018, the geography department is highly successful and this is evident in the improving outcomes of pupils. The school has increased its focus on humanities and languages in order to ensure their pupils gain access to the best courses. The successful candidate will be working with and supported by an experienced team of strong teachers and leaders. The full-time geography teacher is required to start in September on a fixed-term contract until February 2019.
About the Role
- Full-time geography teacher role
- Fixed term contract from September 2018 – February 2019
- Salary; MPS +ILA
- Teaching KS3-KS5
About the School
- 11-18 all-girls’ comprehensive school
- Graded ‘good’ by Ofsted in 2018
- Outstanding resources throughout the school
- School leadership is strong and focused on student and staff welfare
- Located in London Borough of Greenwich, 20 minutes from London Bridge
In order to be considered for this geography teacher role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor, PGCE or equivalent, relevant teaching degree
· Have proven UK experience teaching geography from KS3 – KS5
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please quote the job reference number RCR37607 when applying for this role.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.