Grade: MPS/UPS NQTS welcome
Contract: Part-time, Permanent
Thomas Tallis is a flourishing and popular school situated in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We currently have 1930 pupils on the school roll with over 550 students in our highly competitive sixth form. We strive for excellence in all that we do underpinned by our vision of education to understand the world and change it for the better.
We wish to appoint a first class Geography Teacher to join a well-established, well-resourced and successful faculty on a part-time basis for 3 days per week. Ideally we are we are looking for a person who is able to teach across Key Stages 3 to 5. Applications from NQTs are welcome. The faculty employs a range of dynamic learning styles and is committed to innovative and creative curriculum development. You will be working alongside a team of experienced members of staff in a department with outstanding teaching. Geography is a popular option at Key Stage 4 and 5 therefore experience of A Level and/or GCSE is desirable.
NQTs are very welcome to apply and will receive a full induction programme with the support and guidance of senior members of staff.
We are looking for someone who:
• is passionate about Geography with the ability to inspire students
• can demonstrate excellent teaching and classroom management skills
• has the ability to build good relationships with all students and adults
• has a commitment to developing curriculum activities within the Humanities Faculty
We can offer you:
• children and young people who are happy to learn and progress
• staff who are supportive, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
• an excellent physical environment with new facilities and infrastructure
• a school with humane management principles committed to your professional development
If you are passionate about modern languages and providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, we want to hear from you.
Download an application pack from the school’s website or you can request one by contacting the HR Department via e-mail: HR@thomastallis.org.uk.
Application forms can also be returned to HR via email.
Application closing date: 24 April 2019 (12noon)
Interview and lesson obs: 29 April 2019
Thomas Tallis School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. All posts within the school are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.