We are seeking to appoint a teacher of Geography with the expertise and passion to inspire girls who are motivated, ambitious, articulate and fully engaged with the subjects they are taught. In Geography, we understand the importance of gaining a deeper understanding of different people, places and environments so that we may better understand the processes which shape our lives and how these may change over time.
Geography is taught as a separate subject throughout Key Stage 3 and is a popular choice at GCSE with over half the year group choosing it as an option. We also run two A Level classes and consistently achieve outstanding results.
This post would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experiences in an exciting, collaborative and high achieving context. The ability to teach a second Humanities subject would be an advantage.
The post is available either full or part-time. If part-time, a minimum of 0.8 of full time equivalent is required.
The successful candidate will need to:
- be confident in teaching Geography across all key stages and ideally be able to teach a second Humanities subject
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Geography department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively promoted
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6).
For further information about our school please see our website on www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form on this page or available on our website, or contact the school office. Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to interview applicants before the closing date.
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 13 December 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 18 December 2018
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.