Role: Geography Teacher
Grade: MPS/ UPS with a TLR for outstanding applicant
To teach Geography to key stage 3 and 4 pupils achieving positive outcomes for all groups of students. This post has potential for some leadership responsibilities within the department.
Classroom Teachers - Expectations of all Academy staff:
• Ensure good and better progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard
• Strive to deliver a consistently excellent standard of teaching
• Leadership responsibilities to be developed in response to the candidates strengths allowing an opportunity for career progression
• Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
• Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students within the Subject Team and Academy ARR schedule
• In consultation with the Subject Team Leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of good quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with the Subject Development Plan
• Be a form tutor for a specified group of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support their social, emotional and citizenship education and development
• Within the Subject Team, make a strong contribution to agreed PSHCE areas as designated to the subject area through ‘immersion’ curriculum experiences
• Contribute to the wider life of the academy by participating in the provision of Extension, Enrichment and Enhancement activities through the planned programme
• Attend meetings, including parents’ consultation sessions, and fulfil duties on rotas as required by the Principal
Leeds East Academy – Leading in Learning
Leeds East Academy is the most improved school in Yorkshire and the 4th most improved school in the country, celebrating remarkable GCSE results with an outstanding Progress 8 improvement of +1.09.
Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area.
Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, Leeds City College Group, which is one of the largest and most successful FE/HE College Groups in the UK. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our Academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly Outstanding Trust.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust, through an industry defining school improvement agreement. This partnership provides high quality leadership and subject specific advice, as well as providing all our staff with an incredible range of CPD opportunities.
Closing Date: Monday 21st May 2018 at 9.00 am
Shortlisting Date: W/C 21st May 2018
Interview Date: W/C 21st May 2018
Start Date: September 2018
For more information please visit our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk. To apply, please complete the application form and return to email@example.com by the closing date of 21st May 2018