Geography Teacher - KS3/4
M1 to M6
Start date – 02/09/2019
Geography Teacher required for a fixed term contract. Starting in September 2019 and running for a full academic year, with a view of a permanent contract for the right candidate.
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and highly motivated geography teacher to join a successful geography department. The department and the academy are dedicated to realising the potential of young people and offer a very supportive environment to work in. There is an extensive CPD programme for all staff as well as outstanding shared resources to use.
This larger than average academy aims to provide exceptional education at the heart of the community. The academy wants to ensure that all the students, whatever their starting points or background, get the education they deserve. There is on-site parking for all staff and academy is easily accessible by public transport.
To be considered for the geography position, you will:
• Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Recent experience of teaching geography in a secondary school (KS3/4)
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of geography teachers
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
• Be able to build a positive and strong rapport with children and young people
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a geography teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Bristol secondary team on 0117 248 2600.