Closing date: Monday 19 February 2018 at 9am
Interviews: To take place later the same week
Following the school's best ever GCSE results in August 2017, the academy are delighted to advertise the full time post of Teacher of Geography to complement our existing department. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4.
Under recent new leadership, this is an exciting time to join the academy. Our recent ‘Progress 8’ score showed Sheffield Springs Academy as the most improved secondary school in the city over the last academic year.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ experienced teacher or a less experienced teacher with the potential to be consistently outstanding within a short timeframe.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is passionate about Geography and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Applications are welcome from both experienced Teachers and NQT’s. This role is for an Easter 2018 start.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
- A United Learning academy
- Sheffield Springs Academy is ranked as the most improved secondary in Sheffield for ‘Progress 8’ in the 2016/17 academic year.
- Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
- Improvements made in outcomes for the academic year 2016/17 were a testament to the relationships between our staff, pupils and their families, each one of them playing their part in in trying to ensure that every pupil achieves their potential.
Sheffield Springs Academy is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. By collecting expertise and combining resources, we help to make the tough job of teaching a little easier. With a shared curriculum and lesson plans from around the group available to all, our teachers have strong foundations to lead the engaging, rounded education our children deserve. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share this resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with wide career opportunities – between Primary and Secondary, Academy and Independent – better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of helping every child at each of our schools to succeed and reach their full potential.
Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please email Sianne Wilson, PA at email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1141098?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.