We are seeking to appoint an NQT or an experienced Geography Teacher to join our vibrant and passionate team in September 2018. Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7, 8 and 9, and has a strong focus on Science, Engineering and Music. Our founding cohort will enter KS4 in September, and we will have a Sixth Form in 2020.
Our first two years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. The school’s permanent site in Whitton will be ready in 2020, and until then we are based in high quality accommodation in Teddington and, from September 2018, a second site in Hampton.
You will join us at an exciting time as the school grows providing a rare opportunity for a dedicated teacher to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
- be either an NQT or an experienced teacher, inspired by the opportunities of a new growing school
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with a high level of subject expertise
- be confident in teaching Geography from Key Stage 3 to GCSE and ultimately A-Level
- be committed to the constant improvement of an already vibrant curriculum
- be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
- have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- share the school’s mission and ethos.
We can offer:
- opportunities for ongoing professional development
- a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
- smaller classes of 25
- a comprehensive and successful NQT induction programme
- support by subject specialists from our sister schools in the Russell Education Trust
- main pay scale
- TLRs – as a growing school, TLRs are available now and in the future for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to develop their careers.
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
Please do use the website to find out more about us. In particular we suggest you visit:
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to register your interest and to receive more information and a recruitment pack: www.turinghouseschool.org.uk/vacancies.php
If you would like to visit our school, please contact us on 020 8069 6100 to arrange.
The closing date for all applications is midday on Monday 19th March 2018. Interviews will take place soon after applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.