An exciting opportunity has arisen for a fluent German speaker to join our vibrant and dynamic Modern Languages Department as a German Language Assistant for a fixed term period from October 2019 to May 2020.
As a language assistant, the successful candidate will be pro-active and enthusiastic about promoting German across the School. He or she will play an important role in preparing students for examinations, working with students in small groups and assisting teachers in the classroom. He or she will be able to produce resources and lead enjoyable discussions that challenge students while simultaneously building their confidence and ability to converse in both a natural and articulate manner.
A high level of accuracy in both spoken and written German and English will be essential, and the ideal candidate will excel in encouraging our students to engage with current social and political issues in German-speaking countries, drawing inspiration from the media and other authentic sources. Flexibility and a willingness to engage with the broader life of the school is a prerequisite.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent knowledge of the German Language is essential, ideally a fluent German speaker
• Be proactive and enthusiastic about promoting German across the School
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possess a good command of the English Language
• Have excellent administrative skills
• Be confident and well-organized
• Have the ability to meet changing deadlines and work under pressure
• Have the ability to work independently and also as part of a team
• Be flexible and co-operative
This is a part time role, working 8 hours per two week cycle.
Closing Date: Friday 14th June 2019
For further information, please contact our recruitment line on 01244 689496