Outstanding opportunity to teach at Australia’s Top Co-educational School.
Winner 2019 and 2020 Secondary School of the Year (Non Government)
Ballarat Clarendon College is unrivalled as Australia’s top co-educational school. We have an unwavering commitment to excellence that is evident in both our academic results and in the outstanding contribution our school and students make to our community.
Ballarat Clarendon College is seeking an expert part-time German Teacher to commence Term 2, 2021 (Year 7-10).
Salary will be commensurate with the successful applicant's skills, qualifications and experience and will be based on levels 1-12 of the Ballarat & Clarendon College Enterprise Agreement Teaching Scale ($72,480 - $106,301). For further information visit our website www.clarendon.vic.edu.au .
Ballarat Clarendon College
Ballarat Clarendon College is a co-educational school associated with the Uniting Church. It is based in Ballarat, a rural city in the heart of Victoria, just over an hour’s drive from Melbourne, with a population of around 100,000 people. Approximately 1,600 students attend the school, from 3-year-old Early Learning to Year 12.
Ballarat Clarendon College is an equal opportunity employer and provides a non-smoking environment for all students and staff.
Before commencing work at Ballarat Clarendon College, teaching staff must be registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching - https://www.vit.vic.edu.au/registering-as-a-teacher
Key Selection Criteria:
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications (including any additional certifications that provide ability to register for VIT).
• Strong curriculum understanding.
• Strong understanding of Child Safe Standards.
• Ability to effectively plan and design lessons.
• Commitment to and understanding of the process of formative assessment.
• Strong subject area knowledge.
• Proven ability to provide feedback to students.
• Solid understanding of how to analyse data in relation to student progress and teaching effectiveness.
• Commitment to continuous improvement in and out of the classroom.
• Proven ability to manage time and conflicting priorities effectively.
• Ability to communicate and interact with all Ballarat Clarendon College community members positively and appropriately.
• Experience working within a team environment.
• Proficient user of information technology.
Please include your cover letter and resume. Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close 4 March 2021
Ballarat Clarendon College
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
Ballarat Clarendon College – where learning comes first
Throughout a student’s time at Ballarat Clarendon College our focus is to maximise their competence, skills and capacity so that, at the end of their time at the school, when they stand on the t...