We are seeking an adaptable and energetic German teacher to join the Modern Languages Department of Institut auf dem Rosenberg. The candidate should be a motivational and engaging German teacher to secondary and high school students in the International Section. Fluent speakers are encouraged. The ability to also teach French or an additional subject would be a distinct advantage.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who
- Employ modern teaching techniques and have a proven track record of classroom management and in-class differentiation
- Have the ability to work with mixed age groups of students
- Are willing to develop and implement the school curriculum where necessary and take a lead in Institut auf dem Rosenberg’s extensive sports and/or co-curricular programmes
- An appropriate degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching-qualification
- A minimum of 5 years' teaching experience
- The ability and willingness to teach UK (I)GCSEs/A-Levels, and US High School Diploma/Advanced Placement
- Proven track record of guiding students through the examinations for the above degrees with excellent grades
- Dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg
- Commitment to the school's values and ethos
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a leading independent boarding-school for students aged 6-19 years, offering five different international education systems (Swiss, German, Italian, British and American). The school's International Section offers UK (I)GCSEs and A-Levels, and US High School Diploma and Advanced Placement. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
- A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
- A truly international environment and outstanding facilities
- Colleagues committed to excellence, and a teacher/student ratio of 1:3
- An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan and maximise his or her potential
- Attractive remuneration package including pension and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact-details of three referees. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org , stating "Your Name - German Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 20th October 2018. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the close should a suitable candidate be found. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.