OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefitting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning and extensive use of learning technologies.
Due to stable growth our small and friendly team at our Salisbury Campus are looking to recruit an experienced and interactive Girls PE & Citizenship Teacher to join the team on a full time, contract basis (maternity cover) to teach our students in KS2-KS5. You will be adept at coaching our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education and pay meticulous attention to detail.
• Have Qualified Teacher Status and a degree or a similar Sports related qualification (Level 3 qualifications in Sports Coaching is desirable)
• Possess recent experience of teaching PE and Citizenship to students in KS2-KS5 and delivering sports coaching across a range of activities
• Be educated to at least grade A*-C in GCSE English and Maths
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum for GCSE and A-Level PE including exam specifications.
• Possess a good understanding of SEND procedures
• Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom for both theory and practical sessions, as well as in our modern learning centre
• Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
• Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
• Supportive staff, and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary (including a staff laptop) and Teachers Pension Contributions
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
• To plan, implement and monitor schemes of work, lesson plans and student Self-Directed Learning assignments for your subject.
• To ensure the Self-Directed Learning philosophy of the school is present in the opportunities for students
• To develop and fully utilise assignments and tasks on the school virtual learning environment (Canvas) including homework, quizzes and discussion forums
• Use a wide range of resources and extracurricular activities to provide students with a broad range of activities and experiences in keeping with the School’s guidelines
• To set targets, based on prior attainment and undertake effective, informative marking and feedback which will extend and develop all students
• To keep appropriate records of progress and attainment of students for use in planning and for reporting accordingly to parents
• To plan effectively to meet the needs of pupil’s progress in line with the National Framework profile and to report to parents
• To use teaching strategies that keeps pupils engaged through effective questioning, lively presentation and good use of resources
• To create a safe and stimulating learning environment that supports learning and in which pupils feel secure and confident
• To set high expectations for pupil behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline based on mutual respect and personal responsibility. To deal with inappropriate behaviour in the context of the school Mission Statement, Positive Behaviour Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy
• To have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which you work
For further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about OneSchool Global UK please visit: http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or if you have any questions about the role.
Closing Date for application forms: Midday on Wednesday 26th May 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: WC. 7th June 2021
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Salisbury Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
OneSchool Global UK Salisbury Campus
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years
OneSchool Global UK Salisbury Campus (formerly Focus School Wilton Campus) is a registered independent charity school and is registered as having Religious Character’, that of the Plymouth Brethren Christian Church. Focus School Wilton Campus is also...