Working closely with the Chair of the Trust, the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Headteachers across the Trust, the Governance Lead ensures that the Trust complies with its governing documents, Charity and Company law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
Key responsibilities are:
- Review and redesign of Governance policies and procedures, and monitoring compliance across the Trust
- Data Protection Officer
- Clerk to the BET board
- Company Secretary for Bohunt Education Trust
- Oversee the performance of Clerks to Local Governing Bodies and committees, ensuring minutes and reports are appropriate and that Clerks received the necessary training, support and challenge
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of principles of good governance regardless of sector, with experience of putting principles into practice
- Ability to analyse and process complex information and data quickly and rigorously in order to make decisions
- Experience of policy development and implementation
- Ability to use initiative and drive through solutions
- Excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills at all levels
For more details about the Trust please visit our website: http://www.bohunttrust.co.uk/bet-careers/vacancies/
Closing date: 22 March 2018
Bohunt Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.