Graduate Assistant (Lacrosse)
St Mary's Calne
St Mary’s is a leader in the field of girls’ independent boarding education. It has approximately 365 girls aged 11-18, including 120+ girls in the Sixth Form. As well as innovative teaching, learning and scholarship, St Mary’s offers outstanding pastoral care and a vibrant, warm community.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated graduate with excellent communication skills, to assist with the provision of Lacrosse within the school and, in addition, to undertake a significant number of boarding duties.
The position would suit an enthusiastic, committed and forward looking graduate who would be keen to contribute to all aspects of life in a boarding school and who might, in the longer term, be considering a career in teaching.
Can you demonstrate
• An ability to coach Lacrosse from Year 7 to Year 13
• An ability to work in a team and a responsible attitude to work
• Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with young people and their parents
• Good and demonstrable organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively
• Good ICT skills e.g. a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• An ability to show an empathetic approach and the ability to define appropriate boundaries
• Flexibility and a willingness to commit to the boarding ethos of the school
• An ability to work in an enthusiastic manner bringing new ideas and suggestions
• The desire for excellence in all areas
• An ability to coach another sport(s) (desirable but not essential)
• An ability to help with Health Related Fitness and Strength conditioning (desirable but not essential)
What we can offer
• On-site accommodation with free meals during term time
• Highly motivated girls with lessons delivered in small teaching groups
• For a nominal fee, membership of the St Mary’s Sports Centre with its excellent sporting opportunities
• Free onsite parking
Further details and an application form are available via the school's website www.stmaryscalne.org or on request from the school office on 01249 857200 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
St Mary's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils. Due to the nature of the work involved, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: midday, Wednesday 24th April 2019