Graduate Associate Teacher
Start date: September 2017
Hours: Term time (38 weeks + 5 days) – 36 hours per week
Salary: Scale 5 Point 22-25, (£20,661 - £22,658) plus £1,851 London Weighting (Pro-Rata) – actual salary £1,512.39 and London Weighting £135.49
Contract: Fixed term for one year September 2017 to July 2018 (possibility of extension for the right candidate)
Calling all graduates! Aspiring to teach?
The Governors and Head teacher are seeking to appoint 3 ambitious graduates to join our outstanding team from Sept 2017.
You must be a recent graduate who has gained at least a 2:2 in your degree. This role is perfect for an ambitious graduate who may have experience working with children through voluntary work or placements. You should be an aspiring teacher looking to build on your experience.
In this exciting role as a Graduate Associate Teacher (GAT) you will be supporting children between the ages of 7 - 11 years in all aspects of school life including leading lessons from early on in your role. Essential skills include excellent communication and a real passion for education and a desire to become a teacher.
Working as a GAT is ideal preparation for anyone considering a career as a teacher. You will gain a wealth of experience through “hands on activity” and a bespoke learning programme designed to get you ready to apply for PGCE, School Direct or other similar route. Our track record of nurturing and developing outstanding teachers is exceptional.
We are a forward thinking, high achieving school that offer exceptionally well-behaved children, who want to learn. If you have a passion for ensuring children learn and achieve at the highest levels and have the drive and energy to make change happen, this is the job for you!
We wish to appoint exceptional graduates, for our outstanding school.
- Do you have the drive and energy to be a Graduate Associate Teacher, along with the skills required to provide inspirational leaning?
- Are you dynamic and enthusiastic, with a great sense of humour and the ability to ensure children achieve the highest standards through innovative approaches?
- Are you a dedicated professional who leads by example?
- Are you committed to raising standards with high expectations of all adults and children?
- Are you bursting with ideas and have the capacity to involve yourself fully in the life of our school?
- Do you have exceptional communication skills, along with the ability to respond effectively to feedback and future challenges?
What we can offer you:-
- A supportive, proactive forward-thinking leadership team with a mentor from day one
- A strong ethos of high expectation and challenge for all learners
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated children
- A commitment to professional development, and training teachers as a partner school for School Direct
- A varied and enriched curriculum, with particular emphasis on outdoor and enquiry learning
Visits to the school are expected so that you can meet our children and staff and get a feel for our school. Please contact Bhav Bhudia HR lead to arrange a suitable date.
References will be taken up prior to interview.
To download an application pack, please visit our website at:
www.kingsburygreenprimaryschool.org.uk or if you require further information please contact Bhavna Bhudia on: 0208 204 6423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 21st June 2017 @ 12 noon
Interviews: 27th June 2017
Kingsbury Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
References will be taken up for all short-listed candidates prior to interview. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced CRB check. We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.