At Ark Elvin Academy we are working hard to give all our pupils an excellent education and are looking for committed teachers and support staff to join us at this exciting stage in our school improvement journey. We are a large, non-selective secondary school in the London Borough of Brent, with excellent transport links to central London. Our new building works are underway and will be ready in December 2017, www.arkelvinacademy.org to find out more about our new building.
We are seeking to recruit a Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant who will work with the SENCO to provide tailored support to new to English pupils. EAL Teaching Assistants play a vital role in teaching pupils, both in a one to one setting and in larger and whole class groups. We need exceptional graduates who will be inspirational role models to our pupils and work with both teachers and the wider school community to establish a supportive and nurturing learning environment in which pupils make rapid academic progress.
Your role will focus on teaching pupils who a new to English and delivering a rapid English intervention programme. This will include:
- Supporting EAL pupils with their induction to our school community
- Delivering induction activities for pupils new to the country
- Phonics teaching
- One to one language support
- EAL small group support
- Tracking and monitoring language acquisition over time
In recruiting for the Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant role we are seeking the following from applicants:
- Bilingual, preferably Gujarati, Arabic, Somali or Romanian speaking
- Educated to degree level
- A commitment to our school improvement process
- A growth mindset
- High standards of professionalism
- Experience of establishing successful learning relationships with a variety of children at the relevant age
We encourage and welcome you to visit our school; to arrange a visit, please contact Anita Amaning email@example.com or 020 8902 6362.
For any technical queries about submitting your application, please contact Anita Amaning on the details above.
To apply for the role, go to http://arkelvinacademy.org/vacancies
Closing Date: 30th June 2017
Location: Brent, London
Start date: September 2017
Salary: Ark band 5 (£20,379 - £24,135) 40 weeks, pro rata
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS