Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Graduate Learning Support Assistant to join mixed comprehensive school in Charlton area of South East London. Full time Graduate Learning Support Assistants are required for an immediate start for long-term roles some of which will continue as permanent roles. The children at this school are aged between 11 and 19. This role is to work with secondary aged students. The school is employing experienced teachers, teaching assistants. The salary is £14,600 Term Time Only.
About the Role
• Graduate Learning Support Assistant
• Working with secondary aged students.
• Either 1:1 supporting a specific child, or working within small groups
• General in-class support also involved
• Prior experience supporting students with behaviour, speech and language difficulties essential
• School hours are 8.30am to 4.00pm (term time only)
• Salary of £14,600
About the School
• Mixed 11-19 Free school
• Delivers a broad and balanced curriculum
• Works collaboratively with universities, private sector partnerships & public bodies
• Good Strong Leadership with vision
• New innovative building with excellent transport links
• 15 Minutes from Central London
In order to be considered for this role, the Graduate Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Degree Any Discipline
• Proven and relevant experience as a Teaching Assistant with a SEN classroom environment (minimum 6 weeks)
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR31861.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.