Graduate SEND Teaching Assistant
£69.93 to £75.00 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: At least 6 weeks experience in placement related to children or education
Start date: September 2021
Vision for Education are seeking Graduates who are looking to start a career in Education as a Teaching Assistant, to join our supply team from September 2021. Offering both day to day and long-term teaching placements, Vision for Education can work around your personal circumstances. If you are Team Teach trained this is desirable, however we do offer the full Team Teach qualification and other fantastic CPD which is free of charge!
The role of a Graduate SEND Teaching assistant will involve supporting young people with SEND (Special educational needs and disabilities) or students who are disengaged from their mainstream school and are being supported through a reintegration plan.
This role requires a committed, enthusiastic and resilient individual, with great communication skills that has experience working with children with additional needs. Duties may include but are not limited to personal care, feeding and changing. Hoist – moving and handling.
Whether you are looking for work in a variety of settings or looking for more stability in one school setting, Vision for Education will prioritise finding you your ideal role.
All of the schools that Vision for Education work with are dedicated to offering the best possible learning experience tailored to each students’ individual needs.
To be considered for the Graduate SEND Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Have recently completed or be due to complete a University course are Degree Level i.e. Education Studies, Criminology with Psychology, Sports Studies, Sociology, Psychology
- Have completed a placement during your studies which covers at least a 6-week time period – we will need to obtain a reference for this
- Available from ASAP – ideally on a full-time basis
- Having a full driving license and having your own vehicle is highly desirable
- An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willing to apply for one
- The ability to work on initiative and proactively
- Able to work across Sheffield in a variety of settings
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Graduate who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Caroline Norton on 0114 5530900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd