As part of a team of teachers and coaches you will provide coaching predominately in rugby, cricket and football during the school’s Games programme and during after-school practice sessions. You may also assist with the selection of school teams and supporting and officiating at the fixtures. The majority of this work will be with pupils in the 11 - 18 Senior School, but with a small proportion involving 7 - 10 year old pupils from our Prep School. You will report to the Director of Sport.
• Coach rugby, football and cricket to a high level in term time to boys aged 7 – 18 including after-school practices.
• Assist in the selection of school teams and the administration and organisation of school teams.
• Support, attend and officiate at fixtures, by mutual agreement with the Director of Sport, including Saturday mornings.
• Assist other colleagues to enhance the Games provision at Birkdale School.
The appointment is from September 2019 and initially for a period of one year. There may in the future, subject to mutual agreement, be scope to extend the period of employment.
The appointment is term-time only (35.2 weeks). To fit with the school Games timetable weekly hours would be:
• Monday 1.30 pm – 5.30 pm
• Tuesday 1.30 pm – 4.30 pm
• Wednesday 1.30 pm – 5.30 pm
• Thursday 1.30 pm – 5.30 pm
• Friday 1.30 pm – 4.30 pm
• Saturday 8.30am - 12.30pm
The exact number of Saturday hours will vary, subject to the fixtures schedule, and whether an individual fixture is at home or away.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. It will be based on the Birkdale School Non-Teaching Scale, the exact point to be discussed at interview but expected to be between £21,245 and £23,300 pro rata. The pro rata remuneration for Monday to Saturday core hours, assuming the pattern described above, would be 48.10% of a full time salary. Any additional hours worked will be paid at an equivalent hourly rate.