We are currently looking for individuals to join our Graduate Programme and are keen to hear from recent university graduates and current students who will be graduating in 2021 and are planning for careers in education and sports, to start with us in September 2021.
The ideal graduate will have a strong sports background, and desire to pursue a career in education and coaching. You will also provide support to two key areas of the school, Boarding and the Sports department.
- Term-time only (35 weeks)
- Fixed Term from 23rd August 2021 to 31st August 2022 with the potential to extend the term by a further academic year depending on performance. Induction will take place during the last week in August 2021.
- On site accommodation available with full board provided and free Laundry service. Where the individual doesn’t want to live on site, they will be required to stay over 2 nights per week and every other weekend. Access to Sports facilities and College sports kit provided. Opportunity to gaining external coaching qualifications. Opportunities for the right individuals to progress to the 2nd year of the programme.
The Residential Graduate Programme will enable you to gain new skills and experience from working in a very busy independent school. The flexibility of this varied post enables the successful candidates to get the best out of the whole experience by playing a full part in school life and apply their own individual specialisms to the role.
As a Residential Graduate Sports Coach you will support the Sports department in delivering quality, sports sessions including preparation and maintenance of resources, materials and providing support to staff and pupils. Assist and coach across the whole age and ability range during timetabled sports sessions and extra-curricular activities including weekend fixtures. When not coaching, you will also provide support to the Sports team on both the administration and commercial side of the operation.
The second element of the role is to provide support to the Houseparents’ in the Boarding Houses and to act as the responsible adult in the boarding house when the Houseparent is off duty. You will ensure that all members of the boarding house are safe and well whilst on duty, and be proactive in maintaining high standards of pastoral care. Typically you will cover girls boarding 1 night per week, as so would need to stay on site for that night, even if you live locally to the school.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be recently graduated with a degree level qualification
- Have a recognised Level 1 Coaching Certificate or equivalent in a relevant sport.
- Have experience of working with young people, ideally in an education environment
- Have experience of delivering structured sports sessions
- Have the ability to motivate, inspire and challenge students to achieve their full potential.
- Participate in the pastoral care of the pupils.
- Work with the Cross Campus Director of Sport and others to help plan and coordinate events in order to increase the use of the college’s sporting facilities and establish the School as a premiere sports venue.
- Promote the values and ethos of the School
Who are we?
Mount St Mary’s College and its preparatory school, Barlborough Hall provide an independent education for girls and boys aged 3 to 18 and has long been regarded as one of the premier Schools in the North for sporting excellence. Games are played to the highest level, producing country, regional and national players in all the major sports. Boarding at Mount St Mary’s College takes place across three vibrant, supportive and well-maintained boarding houses. The College offers a seven-day-a-week boarding programme, attracting pupils from overseas as well as the UK.
The School values diversity and strives to promote equality at all levels, including its employees, students and customers.
Mount St Mary’s College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check, which the school pay for.
To apply please complete our application form available on our website and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mount St Mary's College