Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Graduate Sports Teaching Assistant to work primarily within the PE department, alongside a fantastic team of staff in a reputable All-girls Independent school in the London borough of Redbridge. Beautifully located just off a desirable and cosmopolitan high street in an idyllic setting, candidates looking to unlock their careers into the world of education should view this as excellent stepping-stone towards doing so. The ideal candidate must be a recent graduate, with a sports/PE related degree.
About the Role
• Assist and contribute towards the planning of games and exercises for children throughout the school
• Help to ensure children receive an excellent games / PE educational experience
• Candidates must be experienced in most sports and have the ability to umpire them
• Assist with Saturday fixtures , as well as extracurricular life within the weekly timetable
• Working hours are 0830-1730
• 12 month fixed term contract with an opportunity for permanent employment
About the School
• Approximately 600 on roll
• The school was last graded by the ISI in 2015 and received high praise
• Set in a state of the art venue, with plentiful amounts of natural lighting and open space
• Wonderful learning experiences on offer here in terms of the Arts, sports and Forest Education
• located on a quiet tree-lined side street
In order to be considered for this role, the Graduate Sports Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Hold a degree , relative to Sports/Physical Education
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DDS6887.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.