GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT
The School is seeking to appoint a number of enthusiastic post-graduate students, who are considering a career in teaching. Induction training will be held in August, and the posts will run for one academic year from September 2020 until July 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Boarding House duties during the week, evenings and weekends.
- Assistance with school duties.
- Cover of lessons during a teacher’s absence.
- Full participation in the co-curricular programme at the school.
- Key staff in the provision of the Weekend Activities Programme.
- Coaching and running teams as appropriate in Hockey, Tennis, Cricket, Netball and Rugby;
- Officiating as appropriate in Hockey, Tennis, Cricket, Netball and Rugby;
- Supervision of pupils at away matches.
- Team teaching and assisting experienced subject teachers in classroom situations in your preferred subject area;
- Assist in Workrooms/Supervised study periods.
- Team teach some Study Skills lessons.
- Teaching small groups in specialised topic areas possible.
- Running or assisting with societies and extra-curricular activities as appropriate;
- Being involved in school visits and expeditions;
- Performing resident boarding duties.
- Opportunities to contribute to the ethos of the school.
Other duties will be required which are deemed as appropriate by the Deputy Head Pastoral.
Applicants should send a completed application form and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Closing Date: Monday 24 February 2020, 1.00pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 3 March 2020
The Dean Close Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.