Graduate Teaching Assistant - Chemistry
Fixed term: February 2021 – April 2021
0.2FTE / 1 day per week
£15 per hour
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an inspirational and academically successful chemistry graduate to work in this ambitious, selective sixth form. LAE is in an outstanding, heavily oversubscribed school located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2020, LAE again secured outstanding A level results. 96% of grades were A*, A or B and 73% of all grades were A* or A. 200+ students progressed to Russell Group universities, including 33 to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Our average grade was an A+ and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. We are delighted to have achieved the best A-level results in east London for five consecutive years.
We seek one graduate teaching assistant in chemistry. The successful candidate will support the department with the delivery of the A-level curriculum to promote high standards of academic attainment and progression to competitive universities for sixth formers. If selected, you will be leading intervention classes, designing classroom resources and providing support for students and staff, as well as contributing to the wider life of the school.
LAE can offer you:
• the opportunity to gain experience of teaching and working with young people in one of the country’s leading sixth form schools;
• a culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation and rigour;
• access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support;
• a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
• collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
LAE is a diverse and inclusive school, committed to supporting staff and students to be themselves and succeed on merit.
How to apply?
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 together with the LAE application form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9.00am on Friday 22 January 2021.
LAE will interview as applications are received and reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline. The full job description, person specification and our application form are available to view and download from our website. For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head: email@example.com
London Academy of Excellence (LAE)
- with state - free school funding
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years
“An inspirational school”
The Good Schools Guide 2019
LAE is a diverse, inclusive and ambitious school with social mobility at its heart. Since opening in 2012, our staff have supported more than 1000 students into all 24 of the UK’s Rus...