Graduate Teaching Assistant
Hours: Full time
Salary: Scale 3
Required for Summer Term or September 2021
St. Aloysius’ College is a Roman Catholic Boy’s secondary school with a Mixed Sixth Form in the borough of Islington. It has provided the local community with over 140 years of high-quality education. The College is currently going through a phase of rapid improvement and we are looking to recruit staff to help us deliver an outstanding education to all of our pupils.
It is a friendly and supportive school community with a focus on excellence and high expectations of all. Staff development is a priority on our journey to Outstanding. We are seeking to appoint a bright, ambitious and enthusiastic Graduate Teaching Assistant, looking to gain valuable experience in a supportive well regarded school before embarking upon their PGCE within the foreseeable future.
We can offer:
• Friendly and generally well behaved children who deserve the best
• Supportive, hardworking Governors and colleagues who care passionately about our school and the local community
• Dedicated leadership time and future career development
We are looking for:
• An individual that is, a recent graduate who has obtained at least a 2:1 in Maths or English, who seeks to gain as much experience as possible in the education sector before going on to gain QTS and become a Teacher.
• Who has high expectations of pupil achievement, attainment and behaviour
• Who is confident in their ability and has solid knowledge of the current curriculum so that they are able to ease the pressure from the subject Teacher.
• Who are able to plan, prepare and engage pupils while enabling them to learn, and equipping them with the necessary skills they require to achieve their full potential.
• Keeps pupils at the heart of Teaching and Learning.
This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
St. Aloysius’ College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
How to apply: An application form for Supply staff is attached
Please email your completed application to Debbie McDonagh at: email@example.com
St Aloysius RC College
Hornsey Lane, Highgate, Islington
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years