Graduate Teaching Assistant - PRU
- Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
- Challenging Behaviours
- Location: Wakefield
- Temporary to permanent roles available for the right candidate (subject to feedback)
- Pay: £10 - £17 P/H
Vision for Education are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit in Wakefield. They are looking for an experienced Graduate Teaching Assistant to start ASAP.
Experience in the past 2 years working with children, young poeple or adults is essential for this Graduate Teaching Assistant role through Vision for Education - particularly those vulnerable young people with challenging behaviours!
The school caters for students with challenging behaviour, EBD, SEMH and autism. They are all well equipped with good facilities and resources, which the staff make full use of to offer the best level of support to students. It is vital to the school that a positive learning environment is created, where both the students and the staff enjoy learning and where there are opportunities for pupils to progress.
You will be expected to work within a small class to medium class. There will be the correct ratio of staff to each class enabling all pupils to receive the right amount of care and support. Responsibilities include: managing pupils' behaviour, ensuring students engage with lessons, providing academic support and working under the instruction of the class teacher.
Key skills and experience needed for this Graduate Teaching Assistant role:
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools or Pupil Referral Units.
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience.
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour.
- SEN experience is essential or working with children, young people or adults
- One to one and small group work.
- Professional manner.
- Enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach.
Why Vision for education:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach
- Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £370.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Please get in touch with our friendly and helpful SEND team in Huddersfield today for more information on this role or to apply simply send your CV.