We are looking for an inspiring and talented Graduate Teaching Assistant to join our supportive academy team.
At Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park, we are a family of professionals and an academy of friends. We have a hard-working but fun ethos that suits those with a good sense of humour!
As an employee with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including performance and loyalty bonus, pension scheme (LGPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
The role will include responsibilities including supporting children’s learning, undertaking playground duties, preparing resources and assisting the class teacher. This is an ideal position for graduates who would be interested in gaining classroom experience ahead of initial teacher training.
What we are looking for:
- A commitment to the highest achievement for all
- A resourceful and enthusiastic educationalist
- Experience of working with children in a primary school or a similar setting
- A good team player who is proactive and able to act on their own initiative
- Strong and confident use of ICT, as well as the ability to read and write fluently and confident in maths.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Applicant Pack.
About Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. In 2017/18, we were the highest performing primary academy in the Harris Federation, and in the top 3% in the country for progress.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park?
- A supportive environment of excellent teachers and support staff
- Enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated pupils
- A creative, enriched curriculum where science, ICT and arts matter
- A wealth of events and school trips to engage children in the richness of London’s cultural heritage.
- Outstanding progress and outcomes for all children
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 020 8808 2045 or email@example.com.
The Harris Federation offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development. No matter what stage you are at or what job you do, we will support and develop your skills, with our Teaching School delivering outstanding courses for staff at every level.
As part of Harris, you will have the opportunity to progress within a close regional network, with regular opportunities for promotion available both within the academy and across the Federation.
We have a highly experienced team of leaders, including executive principals, mentors and subject specialists, all committed to supporting your career and developing your skills.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.